I’m currently preparing to make an impact in politics through two organizations: the Healing of America Foundation and the American Center for Civic Training. Although these organizations have active websites, they haven’t officially launched yet. There are other “organizations” involved with these projects but I’m listing them in these two categories for simplicity.
I plan to keep this page updated with my current projects and any help that I could use from those who are supportive of this cause. I hope that there is enough listed for everybody to find something they are excited to support. Feel free to check back from time to time!
Note: These projects are being listed within each organization by priority with top items being the most urgent.
American Center for Civic Training
Political Education Training Center
Don’t let the word “basics” fool you. This course will be a deep dive into several fundamental concepts that are surprisingly complicated. Thoroughly understanding these basic principles is critical for students to develop their own political philosophies and positions.
We will eventually offer this course in our ACCT learning app. Before we commit the course into a digital format, we need to get a lot of practice teaching it and receive a lot of feedback from students. We are going to start teaching this course for free immediately while we iron out the wrinkles. Once we get into a good rhythm and feel good about the content we will sell the course.
We need a group of “test” students to go through this course for free to provide feedback. If you can set aside a fairly substantial amount of time to go through the course with us, whether in person or on Zoom, please join our Discord channel here.
This app will be similar to Kindle and the Gospel Library app. It provides readers the opportunity to highlight, tag, cross-reference, hyperlink, and leave notes on key liberty writings and resources. This app will be integrated into our other ACCT apps in the future for an unbelievably powerful study experience.
Library content will include resources such as:
- US and state constitutions, The Mayflower Compact, The Fundamental Orders of Connecticut, and other governing documents
- The Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers
- Debates of the Constitutional Convention
- Writings of the Founders
- Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville
- Writings of Montesquieu, William Blackstone, John Locke, Cicero, Thomas Paine, Frédéric Bastiat, and other philosophers
- Writings of economists like Adam Smith, Ludwig von Mises, and Friedrich Hayek
Main problems we are trying to solve:
- It’s hard to quickly FIND all of the relevant writings of the Founders and other resources.
- It’s hard to UNDERSTAND the writings of the Founders and other relevant resources.
We want to elevate the level of political conversations by helping people focus on core ideas instead of politicians, distracting controversies, and parroting the views of political commentators.
There’s a lot of fighting about what the Founders believed. We want to put the words of the Founders and the ideas they studied into everyone’s pockets so we can stop fighting about WHAT they believed and focus the conversation on whether or not they were right. Our app will make it extremely easy to keyword search our entire archive of political writings and revolutionary era documents.
Other helpful uses:
- What exactly did Thomas Jefferson mean by ‘separation of church and state’? Look up the context in seconds.
- Did Abraham Lincoln really say that? Search our app to find the actual source.
- What were Benjamin Franklin’s religious views? Find out for yourself.
- What did George Washington say about political parties? Find the exact quotes.
Back yourself up with original sources when you want to teach or persuade others.
We will soon be launching the beta version of this app for testing. We need a group of people to test this app and provide feedback as we prepare to put the app in the app stores. Click here to join the group chat for our beta testers.
Here are questions to consider as you provide feedback:
- What do you like/dislike about the way the app looks?
- What content do you hope will be added to our library?
- What parts of the app can be simplified for a better user experience?
- Would you actually use this app? Why or why not?
We have a freemium model for the app. Anybody can read the library content for free. Basic paid users can highlight and underline, and advanced paid users can use tagging, notes, and notebooks. Click here to learn more.
We believe we’ve set our prices low enough that nobody should be priced out of using the app. Our hope is that if this content and these tools are valuable to you, the subscription is a no-brainer. Every subscription helps us fund our other projects within the American Center for Civic Training. Become a beta user here and please consider signing up when the app launches! 🙂
Problems we are trying to solve
- People wanting to get more involved but don’t know about the organizations and opportunities available
- Organizations needing more volunteers/talent but struggle to find and connect with new audiences
- Helping potential donors find good causes to support
- Reduce redundancy in the liberty movement by documenting what is already being done and where gaps exist
No help is needed quite yet. This project is on pause while we work on other projects. There is a lot of work to do but it’s not urgent. Let me know if this is something you’d like to support now or in the future.
Healing of America Foundation
I want to change the way we talk about politics. I want to create a movement that is so ridiculously optimistic, hopeful, and solution-oriented that people are excited to talk about the future of America. I believe that it is possible to heal the political divide, and I believe that this nation and world would be in a better place if we could pull that off.
I want to use the Healing of America Foundation to popularize a vision for a future America that actually gets people excited and motivated to get involved. I want to show people what it can look like if we engage in political conversations with both Christ-like meekness and confident boldness, advocating for hopeful solutions by focusing on the root causes of America’s greatest problems.
We are currently developing our Vision statement and your feedback would be extremely helpful.
We would love your feedback. Here are some questions to consider:
- What does a “healed” or “fixed” America look like to you?
- What would our country look like if we were of “one heart and one mind”?
- What worries or concerns do you have about the future of America?
We plan to use revenues in the Healing of America Foundation to:
- Popularize the Healing of America Vision
- Provide civic training scholarships to those who want to learn how to be part of the solution
We are looking for people who have the desire and means to donate to our 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation or who want to help us raise funds.
Click here to donate. If you’d like to help us raise funds, send potential donors our way or contact me to get more involved! We would love to pay you a commission for donations you refer to us.
Types of marketing we anticipate using:
- Podcasting & long-form YouTube discussions
- Service projects
- Healing of America Conferences
- Social media popularizing
Types of help needed:
- Graphic design
- Social media
- Event planning & management
- Outreach & coalition-building with like-minded organizations
We expect this project to be run on a volunteer basis for a while, although there is potential for contracted jobs in the future as we get more funding.